Saturday, March 12, 2011

I just wanted to repaint the baseboards!

I should have realized that when you want to do just one little project on a 1928 house, it turns into a bunch of big projects.
It all started when I wanted to repaint the baseboards. They had been painted over and over for years and there were 'paint boogers' everywhere. So I began to scrape the baseboards. We (now it is 'we') then had to take out a vent along the baseboards and Richie noticed something under our laminate flooring...The original hardwood! It had been previously stained and then partially sanded before they covered it up with the laminate.

Since I had started scraping the baseboards I couldn't help but try and peel the paint from the walls which were lath and plaster. It was like peeling a sunburn... I couldn't stop!

It was too much to try and smooth these type of walls so we decided to texture the walls and replace all the window trim.

After 3 weeks of working almost every night we now have original hardwood floors, new walls, trim and paint! Thank you Richie and Will. Sorry I started this unplanned project.
(my pictures don't show the wall color very well. The last picture shows the truest color.)




7 comments:

Susan said...

Um...overachievers! (:

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It looks so good! I hope you are just as good at peeling wallpaper!

Nancy said...

Wow!! It looks fabulous.

Andrea said...

I am excited to see it in person, it looks great. What an exciting revamp!

Ruth Emmett said...

Looks awesome! I can relate. We just wanted to replace the countertops and now our entire kitchen is torn apart, now wanting to replace everything. I wish I could work as fast as you though and have it done already! Geez! Superwoman.

Suzi Q said...

WOWZER! We wondered what was going on over there. It looks great! I LOVE hardwood floors.

Unknown said...

It looks amazing! Good work!